Friday, January 21, 2011

Chores and Scheduling

I'm a fan of the Maxwell system of scheduling and assigning chores. If you order their books/kits, you'll have tons of ideas, and all the items you need to set up the system. It was well-worth the investment to us. The website is: http://www.titus2.com/.

The system employs chore cards which can be rotated depending on the time of day and the type of chores you want the children to accomplish. Here's some pics of our schedule chart and chore cards. Each child has a lanyard with the assigned chores. They are to get these first thing in the morning and begin.

We do not pay for chores. We expect their help in running our home. We do, however, give an unconditional weekly allowance based on age. Each child gets half his/her age. My 10-year-old gets $5 per week and my 6-year-old gets $3. Seventy percent goes into their SPEND jars, ten percent goes into their CHURCH jars, and twenty percent goes into their SAVE jars.



5 comments:

  1. Hi there, saw your blog on workboxes and thought I would stop by for a visit. I have heard of Managers of home but haven't given them a try yet. Hope you will stop by my blog and follow back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from workboxes. Very nice blog. Look forward to reading more.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am following you!! The charts are awesome keep us posted on how they work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! We love the Maxwell's too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I came over from the workboxes group too! We (very loosely) use MOTH and MOTC. I posted about how we use MOTH on our blog at http://homeschoolingbytheyard.blogspot.com/2010/11/nope-im-not-even-distant-relative-of.html. It looks like you are doing a MUCH better job!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete